Telecoms Network Engineer
Location: Docklands, London, England
Salary: £230 - £250 per day
Job Type: Contract
Job Ref. Number: telecoms contract
I have a equirement for an experienced Telecoms Network Engineer for a 6 month contract working out of Canary Wharf starting in Jan 2020.
Key Skills: telecoms, network, engineer, SDH, Ethernet, OTN, RFC2544, iperf, BERT,
Location: Canary Wharf - E14 5NY
Duration: 6 months contract
Rate: Circa £230 - £250 per day depending upon experience.
Telecoms experience is essential: SDH, Ethernet, OTN.
As telecoms engineer it is essential you know the difference between a multi mode and a single mode fibre.
It is essential you have worked in Data Centres and been involved in some installation wok. You will know what a cross connect is and understand what a loop test is. Essential you have run Telecoms tests for RFC2544 and BERT and possibly iperf. Anyone who has placed orders and worked with suppliers or worked in a Telecoms NOC and dealt with faults will be highly desirable.
* 5 years’ experience of Telecoms networks and supplier capabilities
* High degree of knowledge on SDH and Ethernet capacity ordering, design, test and turn up processes and practices.
* Experience in Telecom transmission testing – RFC2544, iperf, BERT
* Use of CRM tools for ticketing of orders and assurance requests
* Solid knowledge of Transmission systems and standards, including technical knowledge of Ethernet, OTN, SDH
* Knowledge on ITU standard circuit naming and designation standards and hierarchies.
* Solid Knowledge of Private line and IP (particularly MPLS/IPVPN) services and technology.
* Good understanding of both DC and AC power distribution including UPS and Generator backup facilities
* Good understanding of MS Office
This will be an initial 6-month contract, please click “apply now” for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits contract personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Business.