Radio Communications System Engineer
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: £40000 - £41000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: 2wayradio
A leading electronic manufacturing design company has an exciting position for a Radio Communications System Engineer to join them at their offices in Surrey.
Key Skills: Radio Communications System Engineer, PMR, DMR, Radio and System infrastructure, two-way radio, VoIP, Electronics.
Location: Surrey, SM1 1JA
Salary: Circa £40,000 + benefits etc
As Radio Communications System Engineer you will be responsible for the design, maintenance, installation, commissioning and project management of system level products including PMR, DMR, Radio and System infrastructure.
* At least 5 years’ experience of the two-way radio communications industry.
* Knowledge, experience & understanding of IP based technologies including VoIP.
* Able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
* Able to work under own initiative to deadlines.
* Able to work away from home.
* Competent to produce H&S documentation.
* HNC Electrical/Electronics or equivalent.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Design, installation, set-up and commission of two-way radio systems.
* Diagnosis and repair of a range of radio equipment, from hand portables to installed base stations and antenna systems.
* Carry out full diagnostic test of radio equipment by utilising a range of bench and portable test equipment.
* Liaise with customers in respect of maintenance issues.
* Assist with pre & post-sales support including specification, documentation, presentations, training. Bid support and evaluation
* Ensure effective response to system faults within contractual time-scales.
* Provide technical support to the Sales team.
* Maintain standards of technical excellence within the department.
* Maximise efficiency within the department.
* Ensure a full understanding of products and services are cascaded through the organisation.
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Ensure a right first-time approach is mandated in the department.
* Promote the Quality of Service and support offered by the company.
* Participation for working within client’s timescales.
* Willingness or suitability to be security vetted. (Due to client security requirements)
* Ensure all paperwork is completed and returned in a timely manner.
* Good written English and verbal communications skills.
Confined space trained.
Advanced climber trained.
CSCS trained holding a current card.
Current Working at height and/or Critical Safety Worker certificate.
Please click “apply now” for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.