Structural Engineering Associate Director
Location: Docklands, England
Salary: £85000 - £90000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: structengdir
A leading multidisciplinary engineering consultancy have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Director - Structural Engineering to join them at the headquarters in Canary Wharf, London.
Key Skills: Structural Engineer, Associate Director, Reinforced Concrete Construction, Structural Analysis Software, SCIA, TEKLA,
Location: Canary Wharf, London, E14 9YF
Salary: £85,000 - £90,000 + benefits/bonus
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced structural engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, team development, work winning and client management. The post will be based in London Canary Wharf delivering work at a local, national and global level. The company has experienced steady growth are a significant presence in the London Design and Construction industry.
It is essential that as Associate Director you will have a network of contacts with clients, professional practices, architects and contractors in the London Market and South East region that possesses a good appreciation of the construction property market in London and the drivers for growth in the Region.
As an Associate Director Structural Engineering you will have extensive expertise in the delivery of projects from inception through to completion, an ability to run and manage resource in the delivery of these projects, hold existing client knowledge and have emerging as well as selected established relationships with the hope of exploiting and growing these relationships to secure opportunities.
* Excellent knowledge of design in Reinforced Concrete Construction.
* Excellent working knowledge of the current Eurocodes and specifically BS EN 1992: (Eurocode 2) Design of concrete structures.
* Excellent working knowledge of Structural Analysis Software, SCIA, TEKLA or similar software.
* Experience in the assessment of existing structures and their justification, as well as new build designs.
Experience in selling Civil and Structural Engineering services, as well as multi-disciplinary consultancy services and in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants along with managing complex design projects ranging from £10m to £100m in construction value is desirable
* Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques, procedures and Structural principles.
* Current experience of leading, managing and running, as the principle point of contact, structural engineering design projects
* Wide ranging experience in Building Structures across a number of market sectors, in particular a proven ability to establish structural design concepts and deliverable design schemes
* Established coaching and mentoring skills.
* An understanding of project management principles and practices
* Emerging leadership skills, including skills in business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation
* Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience fee preparation and the agreeing of scopes of service.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
* Chartered Engineer (CEng), Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
Needless to say, please click “apply now” for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.