Senior Mining Engineer
Location: Swindon, England
Salary: £75000 - £80000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: sme underground
A leading mining consultancy have an immediate requirement for an experienced Senior Mining Engineer to join them.
Key skills: Senior Mining Engineer, underground, Datamine, micromine, surpac, whittle, QP, CP
Location: Swindon, SN1 1DQ
Salary: Circa £75,000 - £80,000 and bonus
As Senior Mining Engineer it is essential you have experience of underground mining and be QP/CP qualified and have extensive experience of mining software: Datamine, micromine, surpac, whittle.
As Senior Mining Engineer you will part of an integrated consulting team, to provide technical leadership to the mining discipline and management support to the businesses. To actively contribute to the growth and development of the company and promotion of the brand through the development of a mining centre of excellence and the development of business and commercial links within the resource industries and the broader community.
* Management and organisation of mining consulting function.
* Mentoring, training and professional development of subordinate mining engineers.
* Solicitation of consulting work in conjunction with marketing and business development.
* Author and present technical and scientific papers in learned journals and industry conferences.
* Design, develop, model and implement mine optimisation programs.
* Develop accurate, economical and sustainable reserves and mine plans.
* Develop accurate and reliable mining capital and operating cost.
* Participate in the development of client strategic plans and help align efforts to help them achieve their goals.Participate in field testing, assessment of mine sites, drilling campaigns and review their related data and documents.
* Organize reserve and mining cost data, documents, and electronic files.
* Implement industry best practice, methodologies and procedures.
* Manage mining discipline technical studies.
* Participate in the compilation of formal feasibility studies.
* Participate in and contribute to the running of the business.
* Actively promote the company brand within the industry and broader community.
Relationships with Other’s functions:
* Works closely with the Technical Director, Project Managers and Discipline Engineers.
* Liaises with Senior Management, Finance and Administration, other Offices and associated Group Companies.
Education and Work Experience:
* University degree in mining engineering or related experience
* Minimum 10 years direct mining production experience and 5 years in managing engineering technical support services or working within a mining consultancy.
* Professional engineering accreditation with an internationally recognised engineering institute or association, CEng, PEng or equivalent.
* QP (qualified person) or (CP) competent person status (or meet the requirements as such)
Knowledge and Skills:
* Hard and soft rock underground and surface (open pit) mining.
* Underground and open pit mine design and optimisation.
* Underground and open pit mine planning and development.
* Mine fleet requirements specification.
* Engineering cost estimation.Mine scheduling and budgeting
* Financial modelling
* Feasibility and technical studiesProficiency with Mine Planning and Scheduling Software Datamine, Whittle, Scheduler etc.
Please click apply now for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.