Location: Chesterfield, England
Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + Pension
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: SWChestfd
Skills – MS SQL, C#, C++, .Net
Job Type: Permanent
Postcode: S40 1QN
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 – Depending on Experience
Start Date: ASAP
Established engineering firm require a Software Developer to assist in Developing and Supporting industrial applications.
You will be based from the head office in Chesterfield and required to work as part of a team to develop bespoke software packages from a Functional Design Specification, as well as providing Software Support to customer and engineers. Will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for, other engineers from time to time. Your job is to perform Software project setup, configuration and testing. Also to demonstrate systems to customers in house or on site during User Acceptance testing. From time to time site visits may be required to Install/Commission systems. A knowledge of SQL is essential, C#, C++, .Net etc an advantage.
Your day to day duties will include;
* Answering technical queries by telephone or email.
* Support Customers and Engineers to asses and fix problems.
* Project Software Configuration working from Functional Design specifications.
* User Acceptance Testing.
* Demonstrate systems to customers in house or on site during User Acceptance Testing.
* Writing User Manual and Project Documentation updates.
* Maintaining records and general computer files as required.
* Maintaining systems after installation via remote connection.
* Good education, degree in IT, Computer Science or other numerate discipline preferred
* Strong communication skills
* Flair for Customer Service/Satisfaction
* At least two years commercial experience
* Software Support background
* MS SQL
The role will suit individuals currently working as a Software Developer, Software Support Engineer, Software Analyst and be living within a commutable distance of Chesterfield or be willing to relocate.
Please forward your CV by clicking Apply Now!
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.