Location: York, England
Salary: £18000 - £22000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: JunDevYork11
Job Type: Permanent
Location: York, Yorkshire
Post Code: YO10 5DD
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000 depending on skills and experience
Start Date: ASAP
As a Junior Developer you will design and build software and website applications from customer requirements. Working alongside and collaborating with other members of the team you will provide clear specifications, proof of concepts and roadmaps from customer requirements.
The kind of development work you can expect to get involved with is:
* Website/Web App Development (internal and client)
* App Development (internal and client)
* Web hosting
* Experience with Linux operating systems. (primarily RHEL and Debian based systems)
* Experience with Windows operating systems.
* Experience with content management systems such as WordPress & Drupal.
* Experience with eCommerce solutions such as PrestaShop & WooCommerce.
* Experience with search engine optimization and management of related analytics solutions. (i.e Google Analytics).
* Experience installing and maintaining hosted applications.
* Experience troubleshooting hosted applications and related hosting technologies.
* Ability to document and communicate technical aspects of work undertaken with both the team and customers.
* Experience developing responsive websites.
* Experience configuring and maintaining Apache 2.4 hosts.
* Experience with database technologies such as OracleDB, MySQL and MSSQL.
* Experience with PHP7 programming.
* Experience with PHP Frameworks such as Laravel.
* Experience maintaining legacy applications with no given framework.
* Experience with eCommerce solutions such as Magento 2.
* Experience with Azure DevOps including CI\CD.
* Experience with source control software such as Git.
It is expected that you will be degree educated in Computer Science or other numerate discipline and have some, real-world, commercial experience.
The role will suit individuals currently working as Junior Developer, Web Application Developer, Software Developer, Programmer and be living within a commutable distance of York or be willing to relocate.
Please forward your CV by clicking Apply Now!
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.