Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Stourbridge, England
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: geotech eng
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Salary: Circa £50,000
Location West Midlands – Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Halesowen,
Key Skills: Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Slope/W, WALLAP, REPUTE, TEDDS, AutoCAD, CRE, embankments, cuttings, retaining walls, culverts and drainage assets
Bachelor’s Degree and Masters/MEng in geotechnical/civils discipline
Chartered Engineer (or near-chartered)
5+ years relevant experience
* Strong geotechnical design/analytical capability in relation to slope stability, retaining walls, pile design, anchors, soil nails, foundations, drainage.
* Experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications and designers risk assessments
* Good understanding of ground investigation methods and interpretation of ground investigation results.
* Ability to identify and assess defects/instability features in earthworks, retaining walls and drainage systems.
* Experience in the design and specification of remedial solutions and preparation of options.
* Experience in preparing geotechnical desk study and interpretative reports.
* Experience of working in the rail environment desirable.
* Experience in managing geotechnical projects.
* Experience of costing works and budget control.
* Experience of liaising with clients and suppliers.
* Experience of producing and working to design programmes.
* Ability to work alone and within a team.
* Previous appointment as CRE would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of industry standard software (e.g. Slope/W, WALLAP, REPUTE, TEDDS, AutoCAD etc.).
Projects typically include the inspection and assessment of embankments, cuttings, retaining walls, culverts and drainage assets predominantly within the rail network, the consideration of options for remedial or upgrading works and the design and specification of practical solutions.
The successful candidate will undertake the role of CRE and be responsible for preparation of project plans, implementing site surveys, coordinating and supervising the design teams, management and checking of designs, preparation of reports, specifications and drawings, allocation of resources, budgetary control and ensuring works are completed to project specific requirements and in accordance with HSQE procedures.
Responsibilities will also include mentoring and coaching of design engineers, liaison with clients and suppliers and development of commercial and contractual arrangements.
Please click apply now for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.