Location: Birmingham, England
Salary: £32000 - £34000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref. Number: Main Eng
A long-established electroplating company in Birmingham (B18) have an immediate requirement for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join them.
Location: Birmingham, B18 Jewellery Quarter
Salary: Circa £32,000 - £34,000
Key Skills: Maintenance Engineer, electroplating, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, building and property maintenance, ISO9000, ISO14000, PLC
This is a ‘hands-on’ role where you will be responsible for carrying out repairs and preventative maintenance to all areas of the business. This includes amongst others, mechanical, electrical and plumbing repairs as well as building and property maintenance.
* Reacting to breakdowns undertaking mechanical, electrical and plumbing (gas and water) repairs.
* Maintenance of calibration records in line with ISO9000 and ISO14000 registration.
* Installation of new plant and equipment.
* Carry out planned preventative maintenance and identify areas for improvement.
* To source/collect spare parts from local suppliers if required.
* Ensure that all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices.
* Liaise with sub-contractors on work and projects undertaken.
* Fault finding both Electrically, Mechanically and PLC.
As Maintenance Engineer you will have a background in:
* Multi-Skilled background is essential, being able to undertake both mechanical and electrical repairs.
* Understanding of steam raisers, pumps, PLCs and process software preferred but not essential.
* Proven track record of working within an electroplating environment will be an advantage.
* Must be able to work on your own and be self-motivated.
* Potential call outs out of hours to react to breakdowns and / or out of hours concerns.
* A current and valid driving license would be advantageous.
* Have the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
* Have team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
* Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
* Have the confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
Please click apply now for more details.
If this job is not exactly what you are looking for, register here and we will contact you with opportunities that suit your skill set>> System Recruitment recruits permanent personnel across Europe and the UK. This vacancy is advertised by System Recruitment. The services advertised by System Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.